1) Text "HAITI" to "90999" to donate $10 to the Red Cross -- Our friends at the US State Department, including Katie Stanton (@kateatstate), very quickly put together this number to channel relief contributions directly to first responders who will be on the ground there. I love that our government does things like this. This only works in the US.
2) Text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5 to Yele Haiti -- Wyclef Jean (@wyclef) created this foundation to permanently improve the lives of the most impoverished in his home country of Haiti. Wyclef has an amazing commitment to the region and the impact Yele Haiti has there every day. Check out more on Yele Haiti.
3) Donate to Partners in Health (click here) -- PIH (@pih_org) is already on the ground in Haiti and mobilizing their relief efforts. If you have heard of Paul Farmer, this is the organization he co-founded. Working to provide health care and education to the poorest of Haiti, PIH is the real deal.
4) Donate to Architecture for Humanity (click here) -- Cameron Sinclair (@casinclair) and his non-profit Architecture for Humanity (@archforhumanity) can be found at virtually every developing world disaster site on the planet. These guys are a collection of design and housing geniuses who work tirelessly to provide shelter for the most deserving.
5) Donate to charity:water (click here) -- charity:water (@charitywater) works to bring clean water to the 1 billion people on the planet who don't have it. Recently, the organization's founder, Scott Harrison (@scottharrison), traveled to Haiti to commence operations in that country and already thousands of Haitians have clean water to drink. As if the situation wasn't already bad enough, the need for clean water only intensifies in the aftermath of earthquakes. Every dollar of your support to these guys goes fully and immediately to work in the field. Charity:water wrote a post encouraging you to also help their partners in Haiti.
6) Donate to Oxfam (more here) -- Oxfam has long experience in Haiti, and we're rushing in teams from around the region to respond to the situation where our assistance is most needed. Our response will include providing clean water, shelter, sanitation and helping people recover – your donation will go immediately to the most critical needs in Haiti, and we will ensure that every penny is used wisely.
7)Donate to Hands and Feet (more here) -- Hands and Feet Project , a 501c3 non-profit organization, is a children's village in Jacmel, Haiti that was started by the band Audio Adrenaline in 2004. The first little girl arrived in the spring of 2005, and they now care for 40 children ranging in age from 2 months to 9 years old.
8) Support World Vision (more here) -- A gift to World Vision (@WorldVisionUSA) now will help distribute life-saving relief supplies – including food, clean water, blankets, and tents — to children and families devastated by the earthquake and aftershocks in Haiti.
9) Provide essential items through Samaritan's Purse (more here) -- Samaritan's Purse (@SamaritansPurse) is responding to the earthquake that devastated Haiti by providing critically needed assistance, including water, temporary shelter, blankets, hygiene kits, medical aid, and other essentials. (Emergency Relief 13942)
10) Pray. Pray for all involved. Pray for the Haitian people, the relief workers, the governments involved.
*Some items listed borrowed from Chris Sacca's blog post.